Originating as a radio engineering institute offering courses for Navy personnel in 1927, Capitol Technology University has a long, proud history of educating active and former members of the armed forces. Today, the college enjoys a strong reputation as a military-friendly institution. We provide active-duty military and veterans with an affordable, accessible, and innovative career-focused education, and a high level of student service.
- Participating member of the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and Montgomery GI Bill.
- Flexible payment options for active duty students under the Tuition Assistance Program
- Maryland National Guard members can receive a 50% tuition discount
- Service members can apply for Capitol’s scholarships and financial aid
- Approved by the Veterans Administration which allows active duty, reserves, National Guard and veterans to use their educational benefits at Capitol Technology University.
- Capitol’s online programs are listed in the DANTES catalog, which allows students to get tuition reimbursement support under DANTES
- Servicemembers Opportunity University (SOC)
- Maryland National Guard Educational Partner
- DANTES Affiliated Distance Learning Catalog School
- NSA and DHS designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education
Flexible Transfer Credits
Capitol accepts credit for military training based on the American Council on Education (ACE) guide. We accept CLEP and DANTES exams as well as credits from accredited colleges and universities. You may transfer up to 70 credits into a BS program from military training, community colleges and technical schools, from non-traditional learning, and from community colleges and technical schools including the Community University of the Air Force. You may transfer an additional 10-20 credits from an accredited four-year university.
For more information about Capitol's military-friendly programs and services, email email@example.com.