Business Administration (BS)
The general mission of the Business Administration program is to give students an understanding of how private and public sector organizations function effectively and efficiently. Students will gain a clear picture of how the functional business areas work together to achieve organizational success in a global environment.
The broad-based student learning goals for the Business Administration program are as follows:
- Employability: to produce business professionals who will have an understanding of the difference between theory and practice and how to extract from theory and extend its application to real-world situations.
- Communications: to produce business professionals who will be able to effectively communicate their ideas in both written and oral form (technical and non-technical), understanding that communication is a cooperative process in both the one-on-one and team environment.
- Preparation of the Mind: to produce business professionals who will have a broad intellectual grounding in business and/or technology. Graduates will be able to analyze situations and successfully determine cause and effect and know how to use contemporary research tools as well as more traditional methods to locate and analyze information and develop knowledge.
- Professionalism: to produce business professionals who will have an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities. Graduates will have an understanding of the possible social, economic, cultural and environmental impact of their business and/or technical solutions in a global and social context and will recognize that lifelong learning is essential to the ongoing process of professional and personal development.
Intended Student Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to explain the major concepts in the functional areas of core business courses
- Graduates will be able to explain and evaluate possible economic, social, legal, ethical, and environmental impacts of their business solutions in a global environment
- Graduates will be able to describe the global business environment
- Graduates will be abe to employ decision support tools to business decision-making
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate a mastery of traditional and technological techniqies of communicating ideas effectively and persuasively
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge as it relates to the BSBA core courses in an integrated manner within a global business environment